Some data is managed directly on the department site as there is no external source for this data. The following fields can be edited by the department website editors:
- Research Theme: The items selected determine upon which page(s) within the research section your profile will appear.
- Additional info: A rich-text field where narrative text may be added to supplement the overview consumed from Scholars@Duke.
System of record sources
The profiles pull most of their data from external sources such as Scholars@Duke, Duke@Work, and the Duke Directory. Note that changes made in these systems of record will not immediately appear on your profile, but should be present within 24 hours.
- Name: This data is pulled from dFac (Professional Name); contact the departmental dFac user if this needs to be updated.
- Title: This data is pulled from dFac (Appointment Title); contact the departmental dFac user if this needs to be updated. Changes may need approval by the Dean's office.
- Location (Office address, Mailing address) and Phone: Each of these can be edited via Duke@Work. Go to Duke@Work, select the "MyInfo" tab and choose "MyProfile" then "Maintain your Addresses & Phone Numbers" and the "External Mailing Address and Phone" option.
- Office Hours: The office hours are pulled from the Office Hours noted in your Scholars@Duke profile.
- Email: The email shown is your 'Preferred email address' in the Duke Directory. To change this, go to the Account Self-Service tool and expand the 'Manage Directory Listings' section. Click 'Change your preferred email address' and select your preferred address or enter a new address.
- Links: The list of links is being pulled from the Web Pages section of your Scholars@Duke profile.
- Overview: This statement is pulled from the 'Overview' in your Scholars@Duke profile.
- Education & Training: This data is pulled from dFac; contact the departmental dFac user if this needs to be updated.
- Awards: These are pulled from your Scholars@Duke profile; any changes or additions should be made there.
- Publications: Publications are pulled from Scholars@Duke, which is populated by publications found in Duke Elements. Sign into Duke Elements, view your Pending Publications, and approve those that you want displayed on your profile.
- Professional Activities: Activities such as presentations, service to the profession, and service to the University are pulled from Scholars@Duke.
- Grants: Data for grants is provided by the Grants and Contracts database maintained by the Office of Research Support.