A minor in Asian & Middle Eastern Studies with an East Asia concentration is available via two options: the language track and the literature track
Option 1: Language Track Requirement: 5 Courses
- 3-4 language courses, 2 of which at the 300 level or above*
- 1-2 literature/culture courses, at the 100 level or above, from one of the cultures of East Asia (Chinese, Japanese, Korean and Tibetan). Courses must be taken in AMES.
Option 2: Literature Track Requirement: 5 Courses
- 2 language courses*
- 2-3 corresponding literature/culture courses at the 100 level or above. Courses must be taken in AMES.
- Students may take 1 at large literature/culture course. Courses must be taken in AMES.
* NOTE: Elementary level courses (100 level ) may not count toward the major or the minor. Students whose competence in a language exceeds the most advanced level offered by the department may substitute literature/culture courses for language courses.
For additional information, or to schedule a placement test, please contact the AMES DUS Professor Shai Ginsburg (firstname.lastname@example.org).