A minor in Asian & Middle Eastern Studies with a Hindi concentration is available via two options: the language track and the literature track
Option 1: Language Track Requirement: 5 Courses (at least 5 credits)
- 3-4 language courses, 2 of which at the 300 level or above*
- 1-2 corresponding literature/culture courses at the 100 level or above.
Option 2: Literature Track Requirement: 5 Courses (at least 5 credits)
- 2 language courses*†
- 2-3 corresponding literature/culture courses at the 100 level or above. Courses must be taken in AMES.
- Students may take 1 at large literature/culture course. Courses must be taken in AMES.
* Elementary level courses (100 level ) will not count toward the major or the minor. †Students whose competence in a language exceeds the most advanced level offered by the department may substitute literature/culture courses for language courses.
For additional information, or to schedule a placement test, please contact the the Coordinator of the Hindi Language Program Professor Satendra Khanna (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- 4 Language Courses chosen from among the following:
- 1 AMES course in Hindi Literature/Culture*
* NOTE: only courses taken in one of Duke campuses could be counted towards the literature/culture requirement