M.A. in Critical Asian Humanities
Information about the application process, including requirements, deadlines and a link to the online application is on the Duke Graduate School's Admissions website.
Complete applications for the M.A. in Critical Asian Humanities must include:
- Online application (via ApplyYourself)
- Statement of purpose
- Three letters of recommendation
- Official university transcripts from all schools attended
- GRE scores
- TOEFL or IELTS scores, if applicable
Certificate in Middle East Studies
Duke students who wish to apply for admission to the Graduate Middle East Certificate Program are to submit the following materials:
- Meet with the certificate director, professor Erdağ Göknar, to discuss your academic plan for completing the certifcate requirements. The course plan must demonstrate thematic integrity and intellectual coherence. Students can consult the online list of suggested courses to help design their plan.
- An initial letter of interest indicating your home department, current degree program, primary adviser, and anticipated year of graduation. (In place of this letter, an application form will be posted here soon. Until then, the letter of application will suffice.)
- A curriculum vitae
- A letter of endorsement from the principal faculty advisor in your home department or program
- Register your intent to pursue the certificate with The Graduate School using this form. You will need to obtain the signature of the program director Dr. Erdağ Göknar.
Duke students should submit application materials to Iyman Ahmed-Gaspard, Program Coordinator, Duke University Middle East Studies Center (DUMESC).
UNC students should consult with and submit application materials to Shai Tamari, Associate Director, Carolina Center for the Study of the Middle East and Muslim Civilizations (CCSMEMC).